Monday 25 April 2016

Evaluation

I cannot believe I eventually managed to finish my first year in makeup & hair design!
I am exceptionally satisfied with the improvement of my skills and progression of who I am today. The makeup in motion practical sessions have been great on the grounds, that I learnt how to create designs inspired by the British history and horror series, how to work clean and correct, how to manage my time in order to achieve the tasks and to improve especially after failures.
To be completely honest, in this year of studying makeup & hair design, there were a lot of ups and downs for me because it took time while I got used to the system, teachers and classmates and, comparing to the last semester where I was not too sure about my makeup, hair, photography and writing skills, I can say that this semester I improved.
 However, I must say that I enjoyed a lot more this semester because we did new things such as SFX makeup which was very interesting. I haven’t faced any issues lately because I tried to be more organized with everything.
Generally speaking, for makeup in motion this semester, we had two assessments: one was timed, and the other one was not timed.
For the first one, we had to choose a gothic horror novel from a list Kat gave us, and based on the chosen novel, we had to create a character. The hardest part was the research because we had to look at the character’s background and made a design that fitted the character’s story.
For this assessment, I chose to recreate Jane Eyre from the gothic horror novel ‘Jane Eyre’ by Charlotte Bronte. I made that choice because her story captured and inspired me, as she was smart and brave, also different from the other girls at that time. I thought about recreating Jane Eyre in her own beauty because I liked that her style was pure Victorian.
The thing which was not that easy was to recreate the same design in the second part because it required a lot of attention and precision, but eventually I managed to make it almost the same.
In the second assessment, we were asked to choose a horror TV series from a list Kat gave us, to create two out of three characters, either Claudia, Quentin or Mrs Laderman and choose a word for each of them. The hardest thing, in my opinion, was to make up an eligible story for the characters and include them in one of the TV series. I chose the famous series ‘The Walking Dead’ where Claudia and Quentin were a part of it and I did special effects makeup because I wanted to show that they got bitten by a zombie.

All in all, I totally enjoyed the first year of makeup and hair design and I am definitely looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment